What gives it its taste and how to recognise it
- appropriate choice of variety to suit the soil and climate
- planted well apart from each other
- field temperatures high on average (temperature range of 12 – 32°C)
- no sudden changes in temperature
- sugar content of above 16° Brix
- stem near dry and free of hair on picking
- thin shiny glaze on the outer surface of the fruit.
Nutritional and nutraceutical value
- energy content: 30 Kcal/100g;
- rich in: vitamin A and B vitamins, calcium, minerals, carotenoids and lycopene;
- benefits: helps lower LDL cholesterol (the so-called bad cholesterol) and prevent colon cancer.
Varieties and periods of availability
|MIDI seedless group|