What gives it its taste and how to recognise it
- potassium-rich soil
- appropriate choice of variety to suit the soil and climate
- tolerance and resistance to the main plant diseases
- sugar content between 3.5 e 5.5° Brix inclusive
- pH of between 4 and 4.5 inclusive
- sugar/acidity balance
- harvested at the right degree of colouring and ripeness
- post-harvest temperature of at least 12°C.
Nutritional and nutraceutical value
- energy content: 17 Kcal/100g;
- rich in: selenium, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, B group vitamins, vitamin D, vitamin E, lycopene and carotenoids (antioxidant substances);
- benefits: helps reduce the risk of cancer, lower blood pressure and prevent cellular ageing and degenerative diseases, such as stroke.
Varieties and periods of availability
|Mini plum tomato|