What gives it its taste and how to recognise it
- appropriate choice of variety to suit the soil and climate
- spring with good day/night temperature range
- tolerance and resistance to the main adverse conditions
- sugar content of above 6.5° Brix
- acidity between 7.5 and 13 mEq/100 cc inclusive
- sugar/acidity balance
- shiny, rich red colour
- crisp in texture.
Nutritional and nutraceutical value
- energy content: 27 Kcal/100g;
- rich in: vitamin C, potassium, anthocyanins, polyphenols and fisetin;
- benefits: helps lower the risk of cancer and prevent cellular ageing and degenerative diseases, such as stroke.
Varieties and periods of availability