What gives it its taste and how to recognise it
- appropriate choice of variety to suit the soil and climate
- acidic soil
- use of pollinators
- Plant exposed to sunlight during the fruit ripening stage
- sugar content of above 12° Brix
- vivid pink, even colour
- soft to the touch.
Nutritional and nutraceutical value
- energy content: 34 Kcal/100g;
- rich in: vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamins, anthocyanins and tannins (antioxidant substances);
- benefits: helps lower the risk of cancer and prevent cellular ageing.
Varieties and periods of availability