What gives it its taste and how to recognise it
- appropriate choice of variety to suit the soil and climate
- mild field temperatures (minimum of 5° C)
- cool soils and land not too densely planted (20 plants per m²)
- picked when the pod (vivid green, 15 cm long and seedless) breaks when you bend it
- crisp in texture.
Nutritional and nutraceutical value
- energy content: 31 Kcal/100g;
- rich in: vitamin K, silicon and potassium;
- benefits: helps protect the heart and arteries; promotes bone health and helps strengthen the immune system.
Varieties and periods of availability