What gives it its taste and how to recognise it
- appropriate choice of variety to suit the soil and climate
- acidic soil
- correct pruning and fruiting encouraged on the most vigorous branches
- sugar content of above 12° Brix
- succession of varieties researched to obtain the best quality all year round
- even, dark blue colour
- crisp in texture.
Nutritional and nutraceutical value
- energy content: 25 Kcal/100g;
- rich in: vitamin B9, anthocyanins and tannins (antioxidant substances);
- benefits: improves eyesight and blood circulation; helps prevent cellular ageing.
Varieties and periods of availability